Fun in my fabric world....

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Summer quilt time

Now the weather is warming up, I tend to change my darker, wintry quilts for lighter, fresher "summer" quilts.
By doing this I tend to get in the "mood" for spring...and also a bit of spring cleaning! The number of blankets are reduced & the bedding aired in the glorious sunshine...don't you love that fresh smell? This quilt was from a pattern called Tag sale by miss Rosie's Quilt Co. DH gave me the pattern & some fat quarters to which I added some more fabrics. I like the faded softness & scrappiness of this quilt...it was peaceful to construct & it always makes me feel fresh!

Cardygirl xx

6 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Ahh spring, isn't it wonderful? I love this quilt so pretty. xo

Lurline said...

The sun is shining here, too - for a change - hope it stays! Love that quilt, isn't it a quaint idea to set out eh 9-patches that way!
Hugs - Lurline♥

wishes, true and kind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wishes, true and kind said...

Pretty, pretty quilt. We are just going into fall here, but I'm still thinking about summer colors :)

Unknown said...

That is such a pretty quilt ! I'll have to wash my windows again after all the dust to let the sunshine in .

paront1222@comcast.net said...

LOVE the quilt...enjoy your windows open and that fresh air blowing thru the house. We are entering fall and pretty soon winter so I'm adding heavier quilts to our beds....
Peggy