Whilst in Houston, Loz and I found some vintage Dresden plates in need of some love and care. They had apparently been made by a quilter 60+ years ago, but with only 20 wedges when in fact they needed to be composed of 26 wedges in order for them to sit flat...oops! In frustration (we have all been there!) they were tossed in the back of a cupboard.
So Loz and I decided to rescue some, renovate and then give them a new home. Buying a couple of extras, I have been able to make four complete Dresden's and am now ready to appliqué them onto this check. I decided to re-stitch the seams by machine, keeping the original stitching.
Still toying with centres at present. Just need to keep removing an interested fluff ball!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad