Fun in my fabric world....

Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Dizzy-ness!

Once more I find it astounding that time is flying by.
I am starting to sound like my mother, but can really see what she was talking about.
Life is full of lots of happenings...the face of our family is changing in so many lovely ways...children stepping into new phases of their lives, and we are adjusting to our changing roles too. 
Change is good...it makes us grow.
My head has been dizzy in so many ways!
 Last week I had the extremely good fortune to spend a weekend with the most DELIGHTFUL group of ladies...too many names to share here, but some new friendships were made, 
as well as some friends were met in person for the first time and those long distance friendships were well and truly validated.
 It was a diverse but happy group...
 such a clever and inspiring crowd...
it just made you want to create...
and create some more.
Why oh why does work have to intrude on my creative time?
Maybe my clients could form a sewing circle??? 
That could be interesting!
Under the gentle tutelage of the ever so kind MSG, I set to work on a new vision...
it will be a longer term project....but do I need to hurry? See, even I am growing and changing with what I am wanting to create!
For some fabulous photos of the weekend and our fabulous venue, Cottage Quiltworks, head over to the super fun Meredithe's blog...
she was a much better blogger than me and recorded all the action!
Thanks ladies...
let's do it all again!
Cardygirl xx

21 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm in need of a weekend spent with inspiring friends. :o) I think a client sewing circle could work -- you could put it to a vote!

wish2stitch said...

I can't wait to see the posts from your client sewing circle. Hehehe! Yes exciting times ahead for you. For family, creatively and personally. Enjoy!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

Shay said...

Your weekend sounds like just the ticket to boost creativity and inspiration. Plus you got to meet and make new friends.

Im heading off to AQC this weekend - hopefully I'll find my mojo there !

Susan said...

Everyone needs a long term project in their lives; they are the ones that become family heirlooms, the keepers of memories! I look forward to seeing your progress! And it looks like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Well I have been Very Inspired from what I have seen from That Weekend...I've Loved seeing all that Gorgeous Creativity and so Pleased that you have finally met more Blogging Lovlies....
Did you see on IG what I've signed up for...talk about Long Term Project..xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison it's great seeing you have such a good time,are you wearing the same necklace as chooky and I have forgotten who the other lady was,but the 3 of you have the same necklace but different colours,they are nice.xx

Lynda said...

You've been having such a lovely time lately, Alison.

Marg said...

A change of scenery and surrounded by crafty friends, sounds like a perfect weekend.

Debbie said...

What is wrong with a long term project or 10??? It is only a sign that you are turning into a truly addicted quilter like the rest of us...either that or you don't have a life like some of us!!! Looks like a fabulous weekend - wish I was there too...

Anonymous said...

You're so dizzy you got sick poor girl ! I'll remember my hug and special greeting after all these years ! Get better soon and thanks for the cardy beads of friendship x o

Cheryll said...

Good for you cardy... Life is just too short not to enjoy it!
I would LoVe to see your clients sewing....lol. :)

pandchintz said...

Oh Cardy!! It was wonderful to meet you and it was SUCH a fabulous weekend! Life hasn't stopped for me since (I'm now an Auntie!) and I just want to sew!!!!

Mary said...

Oh my! Your group looks soooo inspiring! I am a fan of long term projects, although I probably have too many of them.

Unknown said...

So gorgeous to meet u and share such an inspirational weekend with new friends !!
Glenda xxx

Vivian said...

It looks like you had a fabulous weekend. Time with quilting friends (old and new) gives me some of my most enjoyable and productive days.
Long term projects are some of my favorites, as long as I keep working on the, but I'm a UFO creator way too often. Looking forward to seeing what yours might be.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Looks like you had a great time Al :)

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like you had a ball.........

Deb R said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time, would love to see your clients managing EPP hehehehe

Rachaeldaisy said...

It looks like a fun time with lots of gorgeous sewing!!

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Glad you had fun… it all looks Very inspiring!!
Your clients stitching??.. at least they would be good with needles!! HA HA