Fun in my fabric world....

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Paper+fabric=fun!

The sad thing about not blogging regularly is that you really struggle to get back to it. What to say?
Well I think we mostly love to hear about what we are all stitching, so here goes!
I am still plugging away on my second clamshell cushion cover...


It is almost ready to start quilting, and I am loving it!


I quilted the first with black perle cotton and loved that, I think I may do that for the second...or should I play with some yellow, orange or turquoise...or a little of each?


I was a little concerned that they might be a little "loud" , but I am hopeful that on my pale grey leather sofa they will add a nice "pop" to the room. Once I assemble them I think they might look better!


BUT, I think, at least for the moment, they will just be for "show"...do you do that?
Hand work, particularly EPP, seems to be the easiest thing to do at present... I am loving snipping pieces from my stash, and then watching them come to life along side fabrics I would never have putting together at one time.


Loving the happy scrappiness! And my new GIANT teacup!
Cardygirl xx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

19 comments:

Salley said...

Oh My Lordy thats a teacup! Those cushions are pure happiness . . and to be kept away from fur-babies!

Susan said...

Love those cushions, perfectly bright and at home on your lounge.

gracie said...

Love the way the cushions look.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Those pillows are perfect on your couch! They really make the room! Thanks for sharing. I have been so busy recently, I am so excited to have a cuppa coffee this morning and catch up!

Anonymous said...

Your cushions look awesome Cardy and really look great on your couch,I would still go for stitching in black,it makes the colours pop,well done.xx

Sue SA said...

I hope you are attending a Biggest Morning Tea with that lovely cup and saucer!
Your bright clamshell cushions are so cheerful and fun, i wish I had your lovely sense of colour.

Farmyard Stitches said...

Beautiful cushions!!! They look great on your couch!

wish2stitch said...

I think they look great! Have them out ALL the time, not just for show. They make me feel happy just looking at them with such lovely bright colours. Black quilting is perfect.

Shay said...

Adorable clamshell cushions Cardy. And they DO look wonderful on your lounge.

I’d like enough coffee to fill that cup please !

Lorraine said...

Loving the colours in those clamshells! they are perfect for your lounge! I agree about the colour/fabric choices and putting things together that you wouldn't have previously - I am getting "braver" in that regard but could do with going to some workshops to further the education.

Googy Girl said...

The cushions look great, I loved the black perle thread, I think it made the colours and clamshells pop. Blogging mojo is hard to maintain. I have some ideas but time is an issue for me at the moment....

Cheryll said...

A "tea" in that cup would keep you going until lunchtime!
Love the bright cushions...and I love the black thread you used on the last one. Looks fantastic! :)

Lynda said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your teacup. I have one with a begonia in it on my kitchen windowsill (it's pretty deep). Love your clamshells - they are so cheery.

Michelle said...

Loving the clamshells!

Janice said...

I just love your cushions. They are such happy colours on your lounge. Don't fill you cup with coffee or you'll be bouncing off the ceiling.

pandchintz said...

I love these! Yes, use a few different threads to quilt the next one. So overcome with cup envy for your giant AND red spotty cup and saucer......I WANT ONE!!

Chookyblue...... said...

the cushions look great on the lounge......that is one HUGE teacup....don't drink one of those cuppa's before bed as you may wet the bed......lol

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Your cushion covers look great and will certainly go well on that lounge. Love your GIANT cup, love the dots

Janet said...

Your cushions are gorgeous and I love your fabrics. The giant teacup is right up my ally with it's polky dots