Fun in my fabric world....

Saturday, June 7, 2014

By special request!

For the last few days I have been hearing from my DH..."Put on a post".
Well, never wanting to disappoint him, here I go.
Last weekend I headed off with some stitching friends to beautiful Camyr Allyn in the Hunter Valley for a weekend of chatting and stitching. 
This weekend was long planned, and sadly clashed with Chookyblue's Shedversary...but I was in the Chookshed in spirit.
My companions included Janette, Trish, Olga, Cathie, Cristie, Di, Chris and Debbie. We did have a lovely time...our weekend was hosted by Janet in her beautiful old home...our meals are cooked and all we have to do is enjoy ourselves...tough, but we managed! Janette has posted some pics, I was a bit naughty and didn't take many pics...oops!
A challenge was set last year with teeny tiny hexies...and MOST participated. It is great to see what everyone came up with! 
Cristie made us all a little framed hexie flower...mine is the sweet green one!
And Cathie stunned us all with this mini quilt...her hubby even made it a little stand. Clever pair!
 Some time was spent with my TAW project...hand stitching is easiest at present.
I plugged away on my projects from the MSG workshop I attended earlier in the year. Some progress has been made...I am enjoying my slow progress.
I even made a "jelly" snake! Well, it looks like one!
And I just had to share my PJ pants...perfect for a sewing retreat!
After that, it turned into birthday week in Cardy-land.
Our sweet DD celebrated first, with a crocheted rug from her dear Nan...and I was a bit fearful that she had thoughts of pilfering one of my clamshell cushions!
And then today DH has his special day...
not with us today, but a belated celebration will soon occur!
Cardygirl xx


15 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Well the clamshell cushion is a perfect mate for the crochet blanket. :o) A retreat with sewing friends would certain keep the creative juices flowing. A talented group!

Anthea said...

I'm loving all those hexy's Cardy! It looks like everyone had a lovely weekend, & what a gorgeous setting for it!

gracie said...

All sounds and looks wonderful!

gracie said...

All sounds and looks wonderful!

Jeanette said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Those hexie projects are gorgeous. Love your PJ pants. So cool. Hugs,xx

Small pieces said...

Thank goodness DH demanded a posting! Weekends away with stitching friends are the best!
Small.pieces.

Narelle said...

Looks like the perfect weekend away and I'm loving all those sweet little hexies :)

Susan said...

Looks like a beautiful weekend away. I would love to see those tiny hexies. Hold on tight to your clamshell cushions.....and enjoy the birthday celebrations.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a great weekend for you away too...........
happy birthday to the Miss and Mr.......
maybe you'll make to the chookshed again soon........

Anonymous said...

Nice post cardy, I had an email from a blog reader saying that we Aussie girls are not posting as often and she misses the inspiration !

Lorraine said...

Lovely little hexi projects......always nice to have a weekend away - I hope the feline member of the family wasn't too upset at having to stay at home! Happy b'day to DD and DH.....enjoy the belated celebrations! Hmmmmm that clamshell cushion does look in some danger of being pilfered!

Rachaeldaisy said...

That looks like such a great getaway spot. I love your TAW quilt, great fabric combo!! Happy Birthday to the birthday people.

LuAnn said...

Just look at those beautiful projects. Looks like you had loads of fun!

pandchintz said...

Looks like a fab weekend! Clever hexie projects. Your pj pants are gorgeous and I luuuurve the snake!! Happy birthdays to the birthday peoples!

Salley said...

Hey, nice weekend sewing! That TAW is going to be as beautiful as all your creations..and those cushions have many admirers so you'd better hide them!