Fun in my fabric world....

Friday, January 1, 2010

Blogging blankly!

I have always admired all of those pretty blogs out there...
but I am not overly techno savvy ( my family often find me VERY amusing!).
I love the way bloggers refresh their look, add things....sigh.
Cardygirl felt veeeeeery boring in comparison.
(I am not that keen on music though!)
So, for Christmas I was given the book "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.
Great book, heaps of ideas...quite scary really!
Well this afternoon,with DD's confident help, I have waded in...
lost my footing on a blogbank a couple of times...almost lost in the swirling watersof blogworld...
LOL...and I have titivated my boring old blog...
what do you think?
I am having trouble with the header...need to glamorize it a bit...
do I need to do this in picassa...I am going under again!
Any helpful suggestions welcome!
Addit: A short time later...
How does the new header look?????
Cardygirl xx

18 comments:

RG said...

Loving it all girl!!
Wooohooo!!
Happy Pretty New year!!

Janice said...

What a lovely fresh new look. I love it. Very clever.

Fee said...

It looks fantastic !!

Marlene said...

Looking good. Maybe I need that book. Looks like you have been having fun!

Julie said...

Oh cute. Much more effort than I put into my new one today, I need to be a little more creative.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looking real good Cardy...

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Aaahh looking great over here Alison. I love that header, how long did it take to tame that string? Fabulous xo

Chocolate Cat said...

I love it! You are so clever. I bought that book in the States and haven't even looked at it yet!!! Can't wait to get it out now....

loulee said...

I'm no help at all, but I'm egging you on from the banks! It all looks great so far.

Teresa said...

LOVE IT! Looks great and the header is so clever... how DID you do it?

Ann Marie said...

Looks good.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks good.........did you learn lots.........

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

A DAZZLING new look! Bravo!

Deb said...

I just love your new look blog - well done. Gotta get that book. And nice to see a photo of you too!

Unknown said...

Love your new snazzy look ! I also thought new year , new header but that was all I did , think .....

Anne Heidi said...

Oh it looks awesome!! Sounds like a great book as well :-)

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Looking really good. I Have been thing of what to do with mine lately. Maybe when school goes back.

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Thanks for the recommendation of the blogging book. I do feel I have much to learn about how this all works. Fun to read about someone gardening as we are knee deep in snow!