Fun in my fabric world....

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sampler parade Pt 1

Inspired by Jean's recent post, a group of bloggers have decided to "parade" some of the cross stitch that we have done over the years! Head to Chookyblue for some links.
I still love the tranquiliity of cross stitch and always have something on my frame...tastes change, but I enjoy making samplers, decorating objects & I adore overdyed threads & linens. I may not remember the pattern names but I still love seeing these on my walls. They are all behind glass so excuse pics please! I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them!
This is probably my favourite.
 It is 4cm x 5.5 cm, stitched on silk gauze with silk threads. It is so perfectly TINY! It was a goal to do a miniature before old age set in...I couldn't do it now. It is all done in one strand of silk, petit point, and the background is all stitched as well in white. aargh!
Next....
I love playing with stitches, and this was fun with the Hardanger hearts.The colours are very soft... it says "A dream is a wish your heart makes". Pretty.
This sampler was called "A Walk in the Woods"...from 1993.
These two samplers were from patterns my DH bought for me while away with work. Again I am sampling stitches and some beading. I love the dragonflies on this one...
...and the grasshoppers on this. Can you see them?
More to come...
Cardygirl xx

31 comments:

Khris78 said...

Very pretty... I love the hardanger hearts !!!

Unknown said...

I've Tried Hardanger and it's not Easy...Your Work is Beautiful you have a Nice Collection..TFS.
cheers

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :) I hope my eyes are still working well enough to do the top one! ;)

Lynn said...

Beautiful work, so impressive, so jealous. It takes lots of patience, not to mention talent to do such intricate and lovely work.

jean said...

Alison , A lovely display and I so adore the 'Walk in the Woods'
Anything created with a needle is wonderful.
Thanks for joining in the fun and sharing

Anne Heidi said...

Oh I do love them all- but the Hardanger must be my favorite!

BubzRugz said...

They are all lovely - I do rather like the bugs in the Walk in the Woods... Tiny one is just amazing....
Hugz

Lynda said...

So many beautiful pieces Alison. I especially love the touch of hardanger.

Chookyblue...... said...

I have seen the top one and it is crazy.......amazing.........love all your other ones too..........

suzitee said...

Love them all Cardy girl! Tastes DO change, but yours are all still tasteful. Thanks for joining in the fun...and I'll look forward to next week!

broderie said...

all still lovely alison! 'walk in the woods' is by cricket collection and was a very popular and gorgeous sampler, i have it also. it is fun taking the tour so far!

Julia said...

Beautiful..I love the hardanger hearts !..

Pip said...

Lovely work, I just love the Hardanger hearts one as well, not sure if my eyesight is up to that now.

Betsy said...

Alyson, they look lovely.

Nicky said...

Beautiful work, the tiny one is adorable! Absolutely love 'Walk in the Woods' - a lot of work in that one. Love the schnibbles quilt from a couple of posts ago too, very pretty.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Absolutely divine! Love your ABC one, really beautiful. Thanks for sharing, can't wait for part 2. xo

Margaret said...

Love the samplers.

Cheryl said...

The only thing I can say is
AMAZING!!! Each and every one beautiful.

simplestitches said...

just gorgeous...love the last two, very pretty!
cheers Julz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cardy, no doubt about you....you are one talented lady, your display is awesome...

loulee said...

Oh Wow! I love the 'Walk in the woods'.
Thanks for sharing.

Chrissie said...

Love the colours of the last two, especially like the Hardanger, I like to do that technique too, so maybe I'm biased (g)

beth said...

I love the alphabet "walk in the woods". beautiful.

Rose Marie said...

Lovely samplers!

Leanne said...

They are all lovely but I especially love the "walk in the woods" sampler

Aussie Nanna said...

Fabulous work! I am in awe of hardanger!! very special treasures!

Bloom said...

Beautiful stitcheries Cardygirl! I have the 'Walk in the Woods' pattern, have always loved it. Somehow, three kids got in the way of it ever being done. Yours is lovely, as are all your other intricate beauties!

Amelia said...

I find cross stitch so relaxing but I haven't done any in a while. Yours are beautiful!

Leanne said...

I too love the walk in the woods - keep coming back to have a look at that one.
Love Leanne NZ

Liz said...

Lovely work, can't wait to see more.

Siobhán said...

What beautiful work! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see more!