Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A day with Brigitte

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to spend a day with Sydney based designer & teacher Brigitte Giblin at Southern Cross Needlework. I had had my name on the waiting list for some time and sadly (for them!) someone had to pull out. It was a great day, Brigitte was generous with her time & inspirations...sharing patterns & offering guidance. Most ladies have been working on her designs for a while...
loads of lovely 1/2" hexies...
a new design...
amazing fussy cutting...
reproduction inspirations...
and more!
I have started playing with a 30's palette...having fun at present!
Cardygirl xx

13 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

what wonderful inspiration........hope you get to go again soon........

Miriam said...

Wow, what a great opportunity!
Love the fussy cutting.

Can't wait to watch what you make.

Janice said...

It looks like you will be kept busy now. Doesn't inspire you once you attend a class like that

Unknown said...

Now there is a class that looks like it was well worth taking!! Such beautiful hexies!!

broderie said...

what a nice day you had alison, i like the new design from brigitte and i also love your christmas tree from your last post. you have been busy!

Unknown said...

oh you Lucky Duck You...How Wonderful to have the Opportunity to attend a class with BG...I have been a Fan of hers for Years...I love your Fussy Cutting you have started..it makes you see fabric in a whole new light doesn't it...
cheers

Conni said...

What fun! I have recently started English paper piecing...I love it!

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Love the pictures- lots of inspiration :-)

Anonymous said...

I have just run screaming from the room..... noooo.... not 1/2" hexies.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a good time and got to learn some new things from a great teacher! :)

Jeanette said...

oo you were so lucky. Love to attend one of her classes. Looks like you had a fabulous day.

Julia said...

Lucky you...love them all Alison..
makes me want to do more hexies..
Julia ♥

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like a great day, lots of fun, can't wait to see what you create.

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! Lucky you! It looks like a fabulous time!!