Fun in my fabric world....

Thursday, December 2, 2010

My SSCS elf!

Was Nicky of Farm Girl Stitching! I have been a fan of her lovely cross stitch so it was a wonderful surprise when a parcel arrived from her home in New Zealand. I was SO excited!
Lovely presents...
and a Customs surprise! Apparently something in the gift flagged the attention of Customs & Quarantine aka "Border Security"...and the parcel was opened & inspected. I wonder if they liked it? There was a note explaining & assuring both Nicky & myself that nothing was removed or damaged. Maybe this parcel may become a star on TV's Border Security! Who knows? But is is safely here & unharmed.
Inside I opened my ornament to find a lovely cross stitch mini pillow. The stitching is fine and gorgeous... thanks Nicky- I will treasure it. 
There was also some beautifully fragrant rose soap, a notepad ( I am always looking for one!) and a fun New Zealand tea towel...a lovely gift. But I was good Chookyblue and my Christmas present is safely under the tree!
Thanks Nicky!
Thanks Chookyblue for your AWESOME organisational skills!
You girls have made my day!!!!
Cardygirl xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww..... me too.... I love Nicky's cross stitching!! That ornament is gorgeous! :) How exciting that yours has arrived!! :)

wishes, true and kind said...

That is a great little cross stitch pillow! And I think it found a very good home :)

Nicky said...

Woopee - it made it! Am a little worried about the customs part though - maybe it was the soap. I have another swap to go to Oz tomorrow, and I'm not sure what to do now! It also has smellies in it. So very very happy it all made it safely. Hope you found the card, it was in the envelope on the box - oops, I forgot to put it in the package!

Chookyblue...... said...

lucky you to receive from a bloggy friend.........
pop the prezzie under the tree and that is a gorgeous ornie.........

Unknown said...

Lovely Swap..Beautiful Work..
cheers

9patchnurse said...

So cute! And what an exciting adventure it had.

Deb said...

How exciting Alison, knowing Nicky your gift will be beautiful. She does such stunning work and it will be made with lots of love., Gorgeous wee ornie for your tree, it will be an heirloom soon with very special memories.

Abby and Stephanie said...

A very beautiful ornament and I think tea towels are such fun.

Anonymous said...

WHAT A SWEET GIFT!
THANKS FOR SHARING!
DO YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE FABRIC WITH THE LITTLE CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS ON IT ?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

jldouglas@wispwest.net