Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas tree cuteness

Lots of things to do at the moment...like you I am madly trying to get Christmas organised...but I am easily distracted...I know the cards need to be written....the windows need cleaning...those cobwebs really need to go...those quilts need to be bound!
BUT, instead I was distracted by this bit of gorgeous-ness! A free pattern from here...inspiration from here... made as a mini using 3"squares to make prairie points...looks lovely in my Christmassy house. Made with leftovers of Figgy Pudding, Fruitcake & Winter. It is our December project with Le Petite, but I couldn't resist sharing it with you...quick, easy & super cute!
Cardygirl xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's super cute! Well done! Everyone needs to take time out for their own Christmas crafting! Who cares about the dirty windows or stuff like that!

beth said...

was it really easy?? I'm tempted.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now Cardy this is so much better than getting rid of those growing lace curtains in your corners..

Cheryl said...

I just told myself no more Xmas projects...I CAN'T resist this one!!! So sweet! Off to get the directions.

Sherri said...

I can't wait to finish mine! I love yours!

Chookyblue...... said...

so cute.........

LuAnn said...

What a cute project!!!!

suzitee said...

The housework can wait Cardy...this is gorgeous!

Chocolate Cat said...

I can understand why you were distracted with this! That is one cute Christmas tree! The cards and cleaning will wait!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my I LOVE this! I had not seen this pattern before. Sewing strips of prairie points... Why didn't we think of this long ago. :-)

Days and colors said...

Your Prairie Points looks so lovely! I've cut the fabrics for mine and I hope to sew it soon.

Linda said...

I just love your tree! The inner border looks so cute!! Using your leftovers worked out perfect!!I just need to figure the borders. I got a little star to put on the top too. Give it a little fun!