Fun in my fabric world....

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thought bubbles...a contemplation

Do you believe in thought bubbles?
I find they are a frequent feature of my day...and there is often a tinge of anxiety lest I actually voice what is hanging cartoon like above my head. As I often say to a friend of mine...did I say that out loud?
Today was one of those days but I was proud of my restraint...no Tourettes moments but there were a few "waste of oxygen moments" accompanying a crowd of thought bubbles hanging around my head.
Finally the tiler has finished my laundry and kitchen splashback...they look fabulous (I think anyway!)
My fun laundry...oooh orange!
And my spotty stone in the kitchen.
But, back to thought bubbles...today has been a progression of  challenges which has lead to thought bubbles hanging over my head like carnival balloons! Here we go...tradesmen incorrectly connected the washing machine so the machine was filled with scalding water rather than cold ( think major colour  runs...eek!), then an extremely rude and unhelpful gent at the tile shop added some more bubbles! By this stage there were some really grumpy bubbles starting to form ....and not being helped by driving into work on my day off for flu vaccination. I was in danger of a real mood developing!
Then I spoke with my far-flung supporter whose opinion I greatly value. His optimism and rationality started popping the cranky bubbles.And then I pulled out another circle game block completed on quiet evenings this week. Looking good...
only five more to frame.
Then I did that thing that is guaranteed to lighten the mood...put the lead on Molly and go for a walk! We met some new doggy friends and, before I knew it, there was not a bubble to be seen...aaah, sweet serenity in my head again! Home, and a cup of tea in my brand new cup...isn't it gorgeous?
When life gets hectic...walk the dog, a cup of tea and a stitch...simple!
 Cardygirl xx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can just see you walking around being crammed down by all your bubbles!! You found the perfect antidote though...a bit of "Alison time".
Happyness is finding some time to stitch every day.

barb's creations said...

Sounds like the perfect medicine to get rid of those pesky thought bubbles,very aptly put I might add.
Glad to see you decided to concentrate on some you time and some special time with Molly to get rid of those pesky bubbles :) Barb

Susan said...

Not just for when life gets hectic....an essential daily routine. Glad those bubbles popped.

suzitee said...

Perfect solution :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

THE 3 best ways to adjust your attitude -- puppy love, tea, and sewing. Glad your bubbles burst. LOVE the tiling.

Anonymous said...

so glad those grumpy bubbles went away Alison and you now feel better.xx

Nedra said...

I've never visualized those inside grumpy voices as thought bubbles. Good idea! And I will also carry a big pin to visualize popping them when I want to replace them with positive ideas.

Heather said...

I love how your two backslashes turned out. Such a great place for the orange, a spot of cheer in a room devoted to chores! Good way to handle your stresses. Much better than mine, which seems to be to turn to food or drink, or both! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Love the Tiles in both rooms...yes love your New Cup.
Cheers

Cheryl said...

Good job at getting rid of those pesky thought bubbles! Love the tile work you had done. Wonderful block and cute cup too!!!

Sue SA said...

I think you should steer clear of champagne and hot air ballooning! There is a quilt in that mug!

Shay said...

The kitchen and laundry tiling look FABULOUS!

I spend all day trying really hard not to say what's in my thought bubbles. I think you found a great way to blow those bubbles away!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I am so pleased that the nasty thought bubbles have gone. LOVE the laundry and kitchen tiles. hugs

Aussie Nanna said...

Love the thought bubble analogy!
I also think your tiles are fabulous as is your new mug.
Nothing like a walk to put you in a good mood :)

Lorraine said...

I always worry I will say what is in my thought bubble out loud...I do tend to mutter a bit sometimes! Walking with the dog is great isn't it! although most of the dogs I encounter on my walks are tiny little ones with small dog syndrome - their owners pick their snarling little dears up when they see big bad Rose coming with a big grin on her face and a wagging tail. Nothing like a cuppa in a great mug and some stitching time to help burst those thought bubbles (and some chat time with that far-flung supporter doesn't hurt either!) Have a great weekend!!

blueberrylane said...

Glad your day improved. Love the mug, where did you find it ?

Anonymous said...

Loving your two tiled rooms Alison :) Very pretty :)

Anita said...

Not sure about the bubbles, all a bit deep for me at the moment LOL but I love your tiled splashbacks!!

Michelle said...

A great way to improve the mood and I love the tea cup!