Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First applique.

Here is a pic of my first attempt at applique...I made this quilt over 20 years ago...covered the cardboard shapes then stitched them on to the background.
It has hung over our bed in many different homes since then.
It has shared our journey.
The fabrics are fading...many are Liberty...but I still feel comforted by it & remember stitching all of those hearts...in some ways it feels not so long ago.


I am working on a quilt to take it's place...I think a rest or this little quilt is needed!

Cardygirl xx

6 comments:

aussiequilter said...

wow-that was one of my first serious attempt too!My daughter has it at her house and my GD uses it on her dollies rocking cradle cheers teri

wishes, true and kind said...

Wow! VERY similar to a baby quilt my mother made when I was pregnant with my daughter (who is 20). I'll have to blog about it one of these days.

Fee said...

I think it is lovely - What a lovely piece to hand down.

Julie said...

Very pretty piece. Lovely to keep.

Deb said...

It's a lovely quilt and I'm sure it evokes many wonderful memories. I'm sure your new one will be a beauty.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

This is beautiful Alison. The used one's are the best ones. Can't wait to see your next one xo