Fun in my fabric world....

Monday, June 8, 2009

Stress release stitching!

A busy weekend had a big finale!
My dear Mum fell in the garden yesterday & badly broke her ankle.
A couple of screws & a plate & she is on the mend, but we have a long road ahead.
I am hoping she & dad will come to stay with me for a while, she will be non weight bearing for 6-8 wks & I cannot see them managing at home through this.
Mum is keen to come but dad is lacking insight as to what this means...
mum now needs care to get her back to mobility.
Stormy waters ahead!


So, feeling quite stressed over this & some other family dramas, what do you do?
SEW!

I had this jelly roll quilt cut out...& today I put the bulk of the top together..it just needs borders.

Quite soothing to be repetitively sewing...calming colours...looks good!
Through life's ups & downs,sewing can be a good relief!
Hope all is well in your world

Cardygirl xx

11 comments:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi there,
oh your poor Mum, I hope her recovery is quick for you all. My Mum fractured her hip last year,so we went thru a similar thing.She is fine now. I love your fabric for your quilt, it is so lovely - you clever girl you...

Chookyblue...... said...

just sent you an email........

loulee said...

Your poor Mum, I do hope Dad comes round soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope your mum is doing okay.... not good. Wow.... speed sewer! Quilt is gorgeous!! Makes me think I should do something with the jelly roll I have here.... could you please email me your block sizes and measurements? Pretty please? Thank you Mrs Cardy!

Bec said...

The quilt looks lovely, cna't wait to see the borders on it.
Your poor mum, I hope things work out for the best for her and your dad; and that your stress is reduced. Sewing is a wonderful way to distract yourself from worries.

Sherri said...

I love your quilt!!! Hopefully all goes well and your Mom has a quick recovery!

Unknown said...

That is a blow for your Mum . Best wishes to her .

Anonymous said...

Not great news about your Mum. Hope she does come and stay.
Love your quilt. Love the simplicity of keyhole quilts.

SewAmy said...

Oh no about your mum. That is just awful. I hope she recovers speedy. And I hope the sewing help relieve the stress.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

All our bloggy love to your mum. Hope so will be ok. Not nice. Hope she comes a gets spoilt by you. Its nice to have mum's around.

Great quilt. Love jelly rolls.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Cardy so sorry to hear about your mum, but nice to know she is well, have you convinced your dad that your place is the best place to be at the moment..