Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Christmas spirit continues!

Last Christmas I participated in Chookyblue's Secret Santa swap. I had to make a gift for Carole who lives in Upstate New York. I agonised over what to make & eventually decided on making something from an Australian designer. It was a handy sewing bag designed by Rosalie Quinlan with embroidery inspired by Leanne Beasley. Fresh & pretty, I was thrilled that she loved it!
Yesterday in the mail Carole had sent me a lovely thankyou gift with the most gorgeous quilty card.
Very special! Thankyou Carole...I was very touched by your gift!
Aren't blog friends lovely?
Cardygirl xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrific little gift! I love that pattern too. I have made it!

Michelle Lovatt said...

Your bag is so cute and great gifts.

Betsy said...

you made her a wonderful bag. Love it.

Chookyblue...... said...

Carole is very kind.......you sent her a beautiful gift......

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

they are really lovely fabrics Alison, blogging friends are the best!!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely gesture. How sweet.

Carole said...

I love my bag! As a matter of fact, I love it so much that I have it hanging and I look at it every day! It's so beautiful that I don't want to use it and get it dirty! ;o) Glad you like your gift! Cheers!