Fun in my fabric world....

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Almost seemed like snow.

Weather wise, this week has been pretty miserable! Lots and lots of rain...roads cut by flooding and terrible damage to our roads...potholes that damaged many cars...and all the coastal highway traffic diverted inland to us because of coastal flooding causing even more damage. Whilst it poured outside I finally sewed these old chenille squares together...I am loving them, BUT you should have seen the mess...it looked like there had been a blizzard in my sewing room. It has felt miserable enough for snow!
 On Tuesday I headed down to Maitland for my next instalment of Brigitte Giblin inspiration.
Always fun and now I am getting to know the other ladies in our class at Southern Cross Needlework...really nice! Brigitte is always inspiring as are the other ladies...great to see what they have been up to...and what they have been creating. Brigitte always seems to have "whipped up" something amazing.
I have been working on my 13 panel hexagons... I am hoping I am not too contemporary...I will need to be able to sleep under this!
Cardygirl xx

17 comments:

gracie said...

Oh what a lovely quilt

BubzRugz said...

the chenille quilt is going to be so nice and warm and soft....
Hugz

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

Oh how I want to cuddle that quilt...Can I have it when you pass...just pop Nic in the corner...promise it will be happy...hang on, where the same age...that won't work...I'll have to make my own...lol
cheers Nic

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, I can totally relate. I backed a quilt once in all chenille and it was fuzzy lint everywhere for weeks! Yours looks great and I'm sure you'll love snuggling under it, like I do mine now.

Lurline said...

Just love this quilt - it really does what a quilt should do!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Anonymous said...

well done Alison you have achieved alot

Unknown said...

Oohh I Love all the Textures in your Quilt they look Great..it reminds me of my Childhood..Just Gorgeous.
Love the Purple in your block it's real Eye Candy...I'm Jealous of your Class with Brigit...
cheers

Unknown said...

Sorry spelt Brigitte's name wrong...
cheers.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like your weather has been awful, ......love the chenille quilt, and your BG quilt looks lovely, great choice of fabric, I can't wait to see more of this one...

Chookyblue...... said...

I always say I am sewing up a snow storm when sewing chenille.........beautiful...........

Cheryl said...

Sorry about your bad weather. Hope things calm down. Love that chenille quilt!! You have really been productive.

Miriam said...

Love the fabric in the last photo.

Cute quilt.

I hope the weather has improved for you.

Googy Girl said...

i love the chennile quilt, they will be so warm and snuggy on a cold night....

might have to keep an eye on southern cross needlework, maybe we can do a workshop together

Googy Girl said...

4 more sleeps

Shiralee Stitches said...

Oh wow, these chenille's have lovely textures....clear out that snowy thoughts before the weekend, please!!!!...not long now.....

Linda said...

Love the chenille quilt!! Yes, I can only imagine how messy it was! :-)

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love your chenille quilt!!!