Fun in my fabric world....

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monthly sewing keeps me going!

As a celebration of the year's projects with the Le Petite group, here is a mosaic of them all. It was a fun group...each month we all sewed the same pattern in our own choice of fabrics, some didn't make a small quilt, they made them smaller or larger...entirely your own choice! Predominantly Schnibbles patterns, they were good for honing skills especially in the area of points! My only difficulty was that few of these patterns are available in Australia...I was only able to purchase the last one, Fanfare, locally. Thanks to Sinta and Sherri for organising the group...and thanks to the designers! Looks like we may do it again next year!
Jackie has organised a Bloggers BOM...with some very talented ladies designing a new block each month. The first month was Sherri, and I made my block from Flower Sugar...I am going for pretty! The next block is due today from Field Trips in Fiber
Hope you have time for some sewing in your day!
Cardygirl xx

14 comments:

Fiona said...

All the quilts look fantastic in the mosaic.... you have done heaps ...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Great lot of projects there Alison you have done well.
Love your block and your choice of pretty fabric.

Unknown said...

You Really have had a Great Year of Sewing..Your Le Petite's are Wonderful...as is Your New Block.
Love the Fabrics.
cheers

LuAnn said...

Your little quilts are just gorgeous. I love the mosaic. I love those FLower Sugar fabrics!

Heather said...

What a fun idea. I love your fabric choices, so pretty.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love them all so much Cardy...

Anita said...

Love them all!

Mary said...

Wow! I love the block....the fabrics are perfect!

Janet said...

They look so fantastic together, what a great year of little quilts. Love the fabrics you have in the BOM.

Siobhán said...

Wow, what gorgeous quilts!! I love your block--the colors in it are so happy.

rosie said...

Cardy, I can't believe how much work you have got done!! Love it all..
Have fun at chooky's!!

Nicky said...

What a great collection of a years worth of little quilts. Hope you're having a wonderful time at Chooky's place ............

Sinta Renee said...

I love the mosaic Allison... you are amazing!

Carrie P. said...

Nice blogger's BOM