Fun in my fabric world....

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Circles, dots and multicoloured spots!

This week has seen me going spotty in so many ways...
orange dots...
spreading right before my eyes into a place that makes me smile every time I pass the door!
With regards that elusive sewing mojo, I was going around in circles with that too. So, this weekend has seen me fighting back...and it feels like I am winning at long last!
Last September, I prepared my aqua Soul Searching block to stitch in those spare moments after our move...it has sat in boxes, then on my mini design board since then...with no progress at all. So, today was the day...
and look at it now...
eight blocks complete and only the red block left to do...I can smell a finish lurking close by and, boy, does it feel good. I am loving having the floor space to lay them out.
At night I have been stitching the frames to my circle game blocks...
only six more to frame and then I can start putting them all together.
 I have so enjoyed this BOM through amitie, that I am contemplating doing another with them....food for thought! I have enjoyed the hand piecing, especially when life has been so hectic. The joy of this work is that it has been so portable and easy to pick up or put down, whilst not needing any special equipment or room to set up my sewing machine.
Better get some stitching done!
Cardygirl xx

18 comments:

Susan said...

Both looking gorgeous Alison. The Soul Searching quilt will be a real reminder of the last twelve months.

Unknown said...

So Love the BOM Just Gorgeous...Glad you have your Mojo back & Orange Circles to look at while Washing...Nice!
Love the detail in your doorway Very Retro lol
Take Care

Nedra said...

The BOM really is a wonderful one! Love your colors.

Fat Quarter Bird said...

Sewing Monday night.....be there or be square ( or hexagon or octagon or circle!) :-)

Anonymous said...

wow Alison you do such beautiful work,love them both,will be awesome when they are both finished.xx

Vivian said...

Love the addition of those orange dots. How fun!
Getting the sewing mojo back isn't easy--or quick--but looks like it's coming back with full force for you. Both projects are fun to see, full of life and a LOT of sewing. I feel lost if I don't have some hand-sewing project ready to grab and go.

Ann Marie said...

Circle game is looking fabulous.

Shay said...

I love the soul searching blocks Ali . Makes me want to run off and raid my scrap bin to start one of my own.

And I like your door frame in the lounge. Very cool and different!

I’ll continue to admire Amitie blocks from afar. I think they’d send me round the twist if I tried to make them.

Cheryll said...

The colours are wonderful...so the finished quilt will be gorgeous!
Are you going to Nundle? If so I'll see you there in 4 days! WooHoo :)

Julia said...

Looking great Alison...I couldn't help but notice the doorway detail shape is a bit like your quilt on the floor.
I have that Amitie pattern, not sure if I end up doing it..
Julia ♥

Sue SA said...

Love that you put orange ROUND tiles in, very funky and quilty!
The BOM is looking fantastic. I must admit that I never thought I would enjoy hand piecing, but I have recently found it to be theraputic...just having some wrist pain, do you have a preference for a certain brand/size of needles?

Lynda said...

WOW! Those circle blocks are magnificent. Love your orange dots too - no wonder they make you feel happy.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Love the spotty dots....makes you want to do the washing!...circle game looks fantastic too...just LOVE it! Xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

WOW both the Sole searching blocks and the BOM look fantastic. Their next BOM has me interested :o) hugs

Anonymous said...

Loving all your circle Alison :)

Heather said...

I just love the two quilts so bright and exciting. And your orange backsplash is delightful. My son's home is decorated in orange, turquoise, black and grey. When he started with those colors 7 years ago I thought he was nuts but now I just love it! I have too much stuff to start over but plan to at least decorate a guest room in fun bright colors.

Lorraine said...

I love those orange dotty tiles...so very you!! (not that you are orange or dotty......well not very much anyway.....) Loving that Amitie BOM.

Marina said...

Ooh, soul searching is looking beautiful! Makes me want to get mine out again ...