Fun in my fabric world....

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Packing a bag...

Well, in those famous words...I am packing my bag and will be ready to go!
Not tonight, but very soon! Quite frankly I feel a bit nervous about it all as well.
I have to wonder...how old am I?
As you are well aware, relocating from our home of 21 years to a city we left as idealistic newly-weds 26 years earlier has been quite a journey...in so many ways. Leaving a FABULOUS group of sewing friends (who I still miss so very much) and trying to find a sense of belonging...it takes time.
Relevance you say?
Well, I have been asked away with a group of ladies for this weekend...woohoo!
I have known Janette for a year, and met Cristie recently...and they have very kindly asked me to fill the gap created when one of the "regulars" was unable to attend. How thoughtful of them to help create an opportunity for me to meet some stitchers. I have been lucky to meet some lovely ladies who share my stitching interest since the move, both at Quilt-essentials and also at Pot Pourri Cottage, I recently went to the Novocastrian Quilters...which I will probably join. Funny how having stitching friends is essential to "settling in". So, I am ready-ing my bag for the weekend...
the circle game is on my hit list.
And my slowly growing cross stitch might head along for after dinner.
Wish me luck...I am looking forward to a great weekend!
Cardygirl xx


24 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sure they will love you as much as your blogging friends do. Have fun.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Have a great time with your new quilting buddies! You will fit right in!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh Cardy that sounds wonderful, I do wish you luck, but you won't need it! You are so right, having some stitching friends around us makes a move so much easier, they just get us! Look forward to the after pics! xo

Anonymous said...

hope you have so much fun Alison,xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Have a fantastic time. Looking forward to hearing all about it. hugs

Heather said...

So happy you have found some new stitching friends. Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with stitching and new friends!

Lorraine said...

Have an amazing time! X

Anthea said...

I hope you have a great time Alison, and that this is another way of starting & building some new stitchy friendships.
And of course they will love you, but we your bloggy friends are not biased at all, LOL x

Marlene said...

I can understand your nervousness Alison but you will have a great time. Remember they love you enough to have asked you to join them so I have no doubt there is a great weekend ahead.

Miriam said...

You will have a ball!!!
Lokking forward to hearing all about it when you get back home.

Have fun! :)

Fiona said...

You will have a great time... yes, I have always found that getting in with a group of friends is the best way to help settle in... looks like some lovely sewing for you to do
Hugz

Cheryll said...

You'll have a ball Alison. Enjoy your NEW friends! :)

wish2stitch said...

Have fun Cardy. I know they will love you as much as we do.

Julia said...

Enjoy your new friends and have a wonderful time...Julia ♥

Unknown said...

We moved from the city to the country six years ago. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for the friends I made at stitching. We recently had a stitching weekend (that we had to cut short as we were having a major flood at home and the road was about to be closed, we were tempted to say we couldn't get back to family LOL). We had the best time and I wish you the best time too. Enjoy it!!!!

Unknown said...

ps They are stitching ladies so the will welcome their new friend with open arms and lots of laughs!!

Lynda said...

I hope you have a great time with your new friends - it's great to go away for a stitching/sewing weekend.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You will have the best time....Look out Cardy is a coming!!!!

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Have a great weekend! Just be yourself. They'll love you.

Marg said...

Have a fabulous time. I have a Circle Game block (or two) with me to work on this weekend.

Googy Girl said...

have fun

Unknown said...

That's Lovely that you got an Invite I Do Understand what You are Feeling it does take Time...but No Doubt you will fit right in They Will Love You.
Enjoy!!
xx

Deb R said...

Hope you had a great time!!!! Stitchers are the best!!

Wisdom.Courage.Love said...

Glad to see you are settling in... Haven't been checking my blogs for ages so though I would pop in and see what everyone was up to. I so know the feeling, we have just moved back to the Hunter but to a slightly different area than before! Need to find myself a sewing group or just create one.