Fun in my fabric world....

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Greetings from the snowfields...

Or, if you don't like the weather in Hobart, wait twenty minutes and it will be totally different! Well, there was snow overnight on Mt Wellington and there has been a definite chill in the air today. One minute it has been raining, then sunny, then super windy, then raining again. But we have actually loved the weather, and loved seeing the snow too.


The morning started with a ferry ride to MONA, the Museum of Old and New Art. It is amazing and well worth a visit. Photos are not allowed to be shared, but I am sure they will have a good website.


After lunch we headed south to see the worlds only remaining circular sandstone shot tower at Taroona, and up we climbed. The 200 or so stairs were pretty rickety, but we managed!


Then we headed south to beautiful Kingston beach, and had a lovely walk. We stood on the beach admiring the snow on the mountain. Not something I have experienced before!


And, here I am chatting to dear Chookyblue who called to check that we didn't have frostbite...and look at what was leaving port!


Here is what I purchased yesterday, as I left the pic off my last blog.


Cardygirl xx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

9 comments:

Susan said...

Oh it looks so good.......I want to go on holidays too!

gracie said...

What a nice day..thank you for taking me along!

PatchworkRose said...

I love Hobart. Are you going to try and get to the quilted Crow. Gorgeous shop.
Keep having fun
Cheers
Lynne

Heather said...

Looks like such fun and I love those fabrics!

Fiona said...

it all looks so beautiful...
Hugz

Lynda said...

What a fantastic holiday.

Chookyblue...... said...

the only holidays I'll get will be enjoying yours.......was great to chat and yes it is a big ship in the background.......don't freeze.......

Janice said...

You're bring back some lovely memories. We visited the Shot Tower on our honeymoon. I didn't like the look of the stairs, so Mick climbed to the top and took photos to show me the view. I enjoyed browsing in the little shop and bought the most fascinating book of recipes,hints and folklore put together by the National Trust ladies called "Take it on Trust". It is something I still refer to now.
I'm looking forward to more of your trip.

Anonymous said...

Oooo it does look cold brrrr lovely pics